After the successful launch of ‘Make in India’ campaign across India the Govt. Of Maharashtra started the ‘Make in Maharashtra’ campaign followed by the ‘Magnetic Maharashtra’ investment submit targeting FDI’s and local investors in the region. Major investments will be made in Aerospace, Heavy Engineering, Banking, Retails, Gems & Jeweler, Automobiles / Auto Components, Real estate, Defence, Food Processing, Biotechnology, IT/ITes, Electronics, and Pharmaceuticals.
Both the campaigns witnessed a great boom to emerge as the topmost destination for FDI.
After Mumbai, Pune is the second biggest city in Maharashtra that has bagged maximum FDI and local investments under MAKE IN MAHARASTRA and MAGNETIC MAHARASTRA. Pune has housed some traditional industries and has seen some spectacular growth in the recent time.
The city is best known for its manufacturing, automobile, government & private sector research institutes and information technology. It also has further strengthened the educational sector and a well-developed labor force. Combining all these factors makes Pune a premier recipient of FDIs and local Investments.
Pimpri-Chinchwad, Chakan, Talegaon, Indapur, and Ranjangaon are among the top industrial areas in Pune.
Here is the list of top industries across Pune driving maximum career opportunity.
Prominent industries in Pimpri-Chinchwad are:
- Philips (India) Ltd.
- Alfa Laval
- TATA Motors
- Force Motors
- Atlas Copco
- Finolex Industries
- Hindustan Antibiotics Limited (HAL)
- Industrial Garware Wall Ropes Ltd
- Thyssen Krupp
- Telco Ltd.
- Bajaj Auto
- Empro Industries
- Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- Mahindra Composites Limited
- Kinetic Engineering
Renowned industries in Ranjangaon are:
- Tata Steel Processing
- Bombay Dyeing
- Wheels India
- 3M (Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing)
- Dow Corning
Some of the renowned industries in Indapur are:
- Valmont Structure Pvt. Ltd.
- Modulex Modular Buildings Private Ltd.
- Greatweld Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Anand Teknow Aids Engineering India Ltd.
- Kate group of Food Industries.
- Baramati Agro Ltd.
Some of the renowned industries in Chakan industries are:
- Mercedes Benz
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Bajaj Auto Ltd.
- IAI Joint Flex
- TATA Motors
- Minda Industries Ltd.
- Loreal India Pvt.Ltd.
- Paracoat Products Ltd.
- Imperial Forge Pvt. Ltd.
- Tirupati Engineering Works.
- Meenakshi Metal Forms
- Indo-German Vacutreat Pvt. Ltd.
Upcoming industrial developments in Pune are;
- Italian Company, Tonino Lamborghini Spa, associated with the Lamborghini and Pune based Kinetic Group have jointly agreed and signed a MoU at the Magnetic Maharashtra Meet.
The Tonino Lamborghini brand, which specializes in lifestyle experience brands, with a range of luxury design products including watches, eyewear, Smartphone’s, perfumes, furniture, clothing, sports accessories, signature beverages, 5-star boutique hotels, lounges, and restaurants. Both the companies intend to get into manufacturing premium golf carts, small electric cars, and two-wheelers in the future.
- The US-based consumer appliance player, Whirlpool of India, has announced the expansion of its Pune manufacturing plant with an investment of INR 357 crore in phases, during the Magnetic Maharashtra Convergence 2018.
A MoU to this effect was signed between Whirlpool India and the State ahead of the summit. Whirlpool is contemplating to expand its refrigeration manufacturing capacity at Ranjangaon, Pune facility in two phases over the next five years.
- ITC to setting up a new world-class food-processing factory at Ambarnath and has just concluded expansion of its food factory in Ranjangaon, Pune.
- The world’s 3rd largest automobile maker General Motors recently signed a letter of offer with the Maharashtra government to invest INR 6,400 crore at its existing Talegaon facility in Pune for further expansion, to export its various models. The letter of offer was submitted by GM chief executive Mary Barra to state chief minister Devendra Fadnavis.
- London-headquartered multinational investment bank and financial services company Barclays plans biggest office outside of the UK in Pune. It is the largest commercial space transaction so far this year, Barclays’ India arm has entered into an agreement to pick up nearly 1.1million sq ft office space in Pune project on a lease.
- Leading FMCG Company, Britannia Industries will invest INR 1,000 crore at its proposed largest plant at the Ranjangaon food park in Pune.
- Betting big on the growing demand for warehousing Embassy Industrial Parks recently invested INR 350 crore for a project in Pune
- Adient will invest USD 30 million to set up a prototyping and testing facility in Pune.
- The Virgin Group signed an “intent agreement” with the Maharashtra state government to build a hyperloop transportation system between Mumbai and Pune, which aims to reduce the travel time between the two megacities to 20 minutes from the three hours at present.
After Pune other locations with upcoming small and medium industrial investment in Vidarbha and Marathwada region of Maharashtra are –
The new factories proposed in Vidarbha are:
- Saj Food Products in Butibori MIDC for snacks
- Superior Drinks at Butibori MIDC for aerated drinks
- PV Textiles at Jamb in Wardha district for spinning and weaving
- Vision Bioscience at Deoli MIDC in Wardha district for fertilizers and pesticides
- Gujarat Foils at Umred MIDC for aluminium foils
- Golden Fibres at Nandgaon-Khandeshwar in Amravati district for spinning of yarn
- Uttam Galwas Steel in Wardha for steel
- Sharda Auto Industries at Butibori MIDC for auto components.
The new units proposed in Marathwada are:
- Exon Machines at Shendra MIDC in Aurangabad district for auto components
- Sanket Pan Masala at Badnapur in Jalna district for mouth fresheners
- Endurance Technologies at Waluj MIDC in Aurangabad district for metallic products
- Dukes SRJ Foods at Jalna for food products.
These newest national and international industrial investments in and around Pune are likely to generate huge career opportunities and ultimately leading to boost the real estate market in Pune.