Caring for your homes during Monsoon has never been easy. While the season brings in a lot of cheer and relief, there are several factors that have to be borne in mind when it comes to maintaining homes during these months. The unpleasant feeling at your homes during monsoon may be the result of dampness, formation of moulds, growth of spores. Here are some of the ways that you can take care of your homes during the Monsoon Season:
- Ensure good ventilation – Air circulation reduces the growth of unwanted bacteria within the precincts of your living area and greatly reduces the unpleasant smell of dampness in the air.
- Keep the areas dry – Do not let any moisture retention in the bathrooms or even due to damp and wet clothes. Try to keep the clothes, footwear, mats, mattresses, carpets as dry as possible.
- Use scourging agents to keep the areas clean – In case of stubborn stains and mould growth, use scourging agents like sand paper, mixture of Baking Powder and Vinegar to clean them off from the surface.
- Place all your indoor plants outside – Having plants increases humidity levels as you need to water them on a routine basis. This can aid growth of white mould on the surface of the plant. It is best to place them outside in the balcony.
- Never let water to collect in and around your home as well as in the vicinity – Water collection as we all know breeds insects and mosquitoes. Although it has been reiterated over and over again, many people make the mistake of not draining out the collected water, thereby leading to a host of problems.